• Understanding the principles of flap designs
• Understanding the types of flaps designs used
• An understanding of Contrasting surgical approaches - Flapless vs Flap
• Provide an understanding on the importance of Suturing
• Overview of the Different types of suture techniques used & how to undertake them
• Understanding of the complications when suturing
• Clinical Case examples – Understanding the Pitfalls
• The Importance of patient assessments • The principles that govern flap design • The characteristic of biotypes and how that influences surgery and healing • The complications associated with improper suturing • The timing of suture removal • Performing a Surgeon’s knot • Selecting the appropriate needle type
Dr Sunkanmi Olaore
BDs PgCert Imp
Dr. Sunkanmi Olaore qualified from the University of Birmingham in 2013 where he won the Christopher Gaites prize in orthodontics and special care dentistry. He has since worked in oral and maxillofacial surgery at various hospitals in the UK and was the clinical lead for minor oral surgery in Northern Ireland.
What do you get after completing the course
This webinar registration has been closed.
You are welcome to stay tuned and follow us for more information on our online continuing education program.